One Writeous Chick

Stuff I think about...plus a couple of hopes and dreams, and maybe a fear or two thrown in the mix...

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Let's Bring Sexy Back!

It's no secret that I'm madly in love. With Justin Timberlake. I love him with all my heart and to the depths of my soul; I love him for his luscious body, his juicy soul, and his dirty-sounding rock 'n roll.

I love him in a way that does not preclude nor compete with Cameron - I love him in a way that leaves room for all of us. (By this I mean emotionally, I mean spiritually; clearly, sexually, there is only room for two in any given relationship, and I would not advocate otherwise, even if I meant that in doing so, I would get to sleep with Justin. And anyway, my love for him transcends all that.) I know that I am 31 and not 13 but I can't help it. I. Love him. He. Completes me.

And today is the day: Justin's much-anticipated and long-awaited cd FutureSex/LoveSounds drops. I have been waiting for this moment for an entire week (I fell in love with him last Tuesday or Wednesday, I'm not sure exactly when as this past week has been a whirlwind of passion and, if I am being really honest, I have to say that I re-fell in love with him last Tuesday or Wednesday, re-affirming my feelings from years ago (circa 2000-2002; during his late *NSYNC, early solo career days)).

What happened, you might ask, to reignite my (now eternal) flame for JT? Simply stated: YouTube. More specifically: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvmADln_PeQ. I discovered this last week and I think (ok, I know) I may be personally responsible for a sharp decline in many people's productivity as I forced them to WATCH IT and LOVE IT! I forced someone who knows me very well to view it, and when he saw how many views it had gotten (I believe it was something in the neighborhood of 117,000 at that time) he (accurately) asked me, "How many of those views are yours, Jen?" Some people know me so well. So okay, full-disclosure, I watched it, um, more than once. And maybe sometimes when I watch it my jaw might drop and hang in the wide-open position, and I may have difficulty breathing. Sometimes.

But seriously (if you will allow me to get serious about Justin for a moment), what is it about JT that makes my jaw hang open, my heart beat a little faster, my adrenaline rush, and my spine tingle? Allow me to enumerate. He is:
1) truly, purely, doing his thang
2) intensely passionate (gulp)
3) captivating (and dare-I-say, magnetic)
4) taking chances, artistically and creatively
5) This relates back to #1, but he is doing what he loves, and clearly, having a blast doing it, and this is contagious

And you can hear this in his music and see it in his performances (see above, YouTube etc.). He not only completes me, he inspires me.

I double-dog-dare you to play "SexyBack," plug in your headphones, and not have fun. And not be affected and lifted by his energy, and his music. Because man, it is powerful stuff. In anticipation of today, I busted out Justified last week, and I've been listening to it on the subway, in the morning, during the rush hour commute, and let me tell you, when I'm listening to him, I don't give a sh*t that I am in this rat race to midtown, pressed against total strangers who are possibly rude with potentially substandard hygiene practices. Because all I wanna do is SING ALONG; all I wanna do is DANCE; all I wanna do is S-M-I-L-E.

So I guess what I'm trying to say is: look. Look for that something, whatever it is (even if it's not you-know-who), to inspire you and take you higher today, and hey, maybe every day (why not?). Let something fill you with energy and excitement, drop your jaw, tingle your spine, and raise the hairs on your arms. What have you got to lose? I know what I'm picking today...

To quote the incomparable Justin ("Like I Love You"/Justified):
"You know, you think about it
Sometimes people just destined
Destined to do what they do
And that's what it is
Now everybody dance."

How many of us can say we live like that? And yet. And yet. We can all live this way, and from this place, we all have that inherent ability. And I, for one, want to. I want to do what I'm meant to, what I'm made for; I want to fill my days and live and breathe this way. And then I want everybody to dance.

So here's another double-dog-dare. Why does Justin get to be the lone martyr bringing sexy back? I think he could use some help for his cause (which is a good, and noble one!). What can you do today to BRING SEXY BACK? What small, but important ways can you GET YO' SEXY ON? What can you do to feel alive, sassy, flirty, filled up with vitality, overflowing with enthusiasm, excited, inspired, energized, sexy, and really really good?

Think about it. Now go ahead be gone with it/and get your sexy on. Take 'em to the chorus...

Getting my sexy on,

Jen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home